Friday, October 12, 2012

Sodamaan

As I probably wrote earlier, the front fenders needed replacing since they were not actually a pair. Lamps were in different height and the shape was not similar on them either. Swapped these to another early 60's pair in decent form. Some rust but, doable to say the least. Didn't want to start welding them until some sand blasting or similar. At that point I asked some offers of blasting mainly the fenders vs. blasting the whole lot. It just made sense to have that all done at the same time - at least cost wise. Local soda-hero blasted the shell and parts with soda and glass where it was needed. I have to say that I'm very pleased with the result. Welding bare metal is quite nice, and now the shell is so much cleaner for the paint and body works...


 
Trial fit of the fenders and door was somewhat successful. Even though they are reproductions for my purpeses the fit is more than acceptable. I'd say this means that roll cage fitting will be in the horizon very soon!!!

No comments: